Dear Valued Patient,
The safety, health and well-being of our patients has and has always been our top priority. Our internal policies and procedures have always exceeded federally mandated guidelines to protect our patients and staff. Our commitment to provide our patients the safest care throughout this evolving situation is not something we take lightly. We always have and will continue to go above and beyond to ensure that we are exceeding the highest standard of care and customer service. Here are a few extra precautions that we are taking, but not limited to:
- Monitoring guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization (WHO).
- Following the news related to local conditions on an hourly basis.
- Increasing the frequency of our sanitation practices inside and outside or the dental operatories.
- Wiping down our waiting rooms, chairs, door handles and counters hourly.
- Providing additional hand sanitizer to patients.
We will be screening our patients with a few questions to help mitigate any potential exposures. These questions are:
- Have you traveled outside of the US within the last month?
- Have you had contact with someone who traveled outside of the US and was/is sick?
- Have you had contact with someone who was diagnosed with the corona virus or flu?
- Have you or anyone that you have had contact with during the past month had any of the following symptoms: a fever, active cough or trouble breathing?
If a patient answers yes, Dr. Nelson will be informed and will take appropriate action to protect patients and staff.
In addition to the above listed extra precautions, we are allowing our patients to wait for their appointment in their car or outside of our office. If you choose to do this, give us a call at 703-361-2141 when you arrive and we will notify you when we are ready for your appointment.
Thank you for trusting us as your dental care provider. Stay well and let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Dr. Nelson and Staff