We hope this email finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing at Nelson Dental Practice has remained the same: our constant commitment to safety for both our patients and our staff.
As you have surely seen during your visits to our office, infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our strict processes have consistently made the care you receive at Nelson Dental both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We continue to closely monitor the recommendations of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
When it is time for your next appointment, you may see some changes along with our already strict infection control protocols. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you ahead of your appointment to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We encourage you to bring a mask from home to wear until you are seated in your treatment room.
- When entering the office, we will ask you to use hand sanitizer which we will supply. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- In order to encourage social distancing, we are trying to limit the number of people in the office. When you arrive for your appointment we ask that you remain in your car and call 703-361-2141 to let us know that you are here. We will contact you via mobile phone when your treatment room is ready. We ask that only the person having an appointment enter the office and that all other people wait in the car.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered slightly limited options for scheduling your appointment. We will do our best to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the office at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 703-361-2141 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends in the safest way possible.
Charles “Trey” Nelson III DDS